We now live in a digital age and today’s learners have different needs. Learning does not just take place in the classroom, but outside of it as well. Easyclass is a Learning Management System (LMS) that allows educators to create digital classes whereby they can store the course materials online; manage class discussions; give assignments, quizzes and exams; monitor due dates; grade results and provide students with feedback all in one place. Our tools provide unique opportunities for the instructors to engage students in various activities and offer a new dimension for interaction and efficient learning.
Easyclass sets out to disrupt the Learning Management System (LMS) industry by creating an easy to use, yet powerful solution that will be the new standard for open technology in education. We believe that an LMS shouldn’t be a closed system; rather, it should be a platform that connects everyone in education and promotes anytime, anyplace learning.
Their services are truly free and will remain free. Easyclass marks the opening of a new era in education as we aim to democratize global education among the learning community by giving FREE access to the platform..
– Easyclass platform targets only educators and students. Digital classes on www.Easyclass.com are created and managed by the teachers/ professors. Teachers/Professors have full administrative rights on student participation in their class.
o Students need an access code to join the class. If a student shares the code outside the class, the teacher can change it, without affecting students who are already enrolled in the class.
o Teachers can delete posts and remove class members.
o Teachers may choose to receive automatic notification of student postings into the class before they are published on class walls.
o Anonymous posting is not possible.
– The content created within the digital classes can be viewed by the class members only as they are effectively closed groups.
– Private conversation between students is not possible. Students may only communicate to the whole class or the teacher, which reduces opportunities for cyber-bullying.
– If a school upgrades (free feature to be launched soon) to the institutional features, the school admin can audit all teacher and student activity.
– Parental access to their children’s posts/grades and to the teacher is an optional feature, which is also to be launched soon.
– Easyclass does not have any advertisements.
BENEFITS TO TEACHERS/PROFESSORS
– It’s easy to learn and use: The interface works like Facebook but is even easier to use. Easyclass.com is not overloaded with complicated features and presents a user-friendly interface.
– Time saving. Imagine you have to grade 143 tests comprising 50 multiple choice questions each! Easyclass will do it for you.
– No more photocopying, carrying and grading stacks of paper and writing comments out. All of this can be done online for your assignments, tests and quizzes whenever wherever you are.
– Enhanced learning: In today’s classrooms, there is often limited time to cover topics fully. When Easyclass is used as a learning platform, additional resources can be used to enhance learning.
– Great platform for Blended Learning initiatives: If you are looking to incorporate more digital content in your curriculum and looking for a robust platform that is affordable (like, free!) then Easyclass may be a perfect fit.
– Continuous professional development: Easyclass Groups provide a way for teachers to connect with like-minded educators to exchange ideas, get advice and share resources.
– Ability to stay connected with students: From snow days, swine flu, extended absences or just attending to a conference, teachers are able to be connected with their students.
– Safe environment: With no advertisements and a process which gives full control to the teachers/professors for managing the classes, Easyclass addresses the fundamental concerns of privacy and safety. The content created within the digital classes can be viewed by the class members only!
– Digital citizenship: Easyclass provides teachers the opportunity to teach responsible interaction via digital means, reinforcing good digital citizenship among students.
– Support: The support Easyclass team offers is amazing! We get back to any queries within 24 hours.
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS
– The platform is so easy that lower elementary students can be taught to use it.
– Online resources and materials stored in digital classes are at the fingertips of the users.
– Easyclass allows students not only to learn from their teachers but also from other students.
– Online discussions promote collaborative exploration and critical thinking and hence foster deeper understanding among students towards the subject matter.
– When students interact with their teachers outside the class, their attitude towards the teachers changes dramatically in a positive way.
– Students build their skills of becoming independent and responsible by logging in to view and submit assignments and hence monitor progress. This is something they would normally experience in college and in their career.
– Students can submit quizzes and see their results immediately (except for short answer questions).
– Easyclass promotes student confidence. Some of the teachers on Easyclass say that one student who isn’t comfortable speaking up in the classroom is opening up online.
– Using Easyclass gives students the feeling of using a social-networking site without having to mix their personal lives with their school lives.
– Students enjoy the interaction Easyclass brings in the classroom on this 24/7 online environment